Williams, a freshman from Garysburg, N.C., picks up her second straight and third ODAC weekly award of the season after helping Randolph-Macon rattle off two wins to move its current streak to three-straight. Williams averaged 22.5 points, 14.5 rebounds, and 5.0 blocked shots while shooting 65.4-percent (17-of-26) from the field in the two games. She opened with 20 points on 9-of-14 shooting with 16 rebounds, six blocked shots, and two steals. Six of her rebounds came via the offensive glass. Williams corralled eight offensive boards on the way to 13 rebounds in a 62-58 win at Emory & Henry. She scored a season-high 25 points on 8-of-12 from the field and 9-of-13 from the foul line. She chipped in four blocked shots and two more steals. For the season, Williams is sixth in the ODAC in points scored (199) and scoring average (16.6). She leads in the ODAC in rebounds (153), offensive rebounds (70), and rebounding average (12.8), second in blocked shots (27), and fifth in field goals made (78) and field goal shooting (52.7%).
Week Seven Women's Basketball Notes
- Eastern Mennonite center Jonae Guess helped the Royals to a 3-0 week by averaging a double-double with 14.7 points and 10.0 rebounds per contest. She went for 11 points and six boards in an 81-70 win over Frostburg State. She set a career-high with 16 points to go with 14 rebounds in a 60-50 win at Hollins, and then capped her week by upping her career-best to 17 points with 10 more boards and two blocked shots in a 68-59 victory at Randolph. She shot 59.3-percent (16-of-27) for the week.
- First-year forward Kara Stafford averaged 13.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in Emory & Henry's 1-1 week. She scored 12 points with nine rebounds in a 65-50 win at Roanoke. She followed that with 15 points and four boards in a 62-58 setback to Randolph-Macon.
- Athletic wing Anais Weatherly averaged 15.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists in Guilford's 2-1 week. She scored 12 points with six boards and two steals in a 70-57 win at Methodist. She added 22 points, five rebounds, and four steals in a 74-61 setback at Lynchburg. She helped the Quakers to a 69-49 win at Virginia Wesleyan 12 points, 10 rebounds, four assists and three steals.
- Lynchburg guard Charmaine Hairston helped the Hornets to a 2-0 week against ODAC foes. She opened with 16 points on 7-of-9 shooting in a 74-61 win over Guilford. She followed that with 12 points, five rebounds, three assists, and two steals in a 70-55 victory at Bridgewater.
- Virginia Wesleyan guard Amanda Gerni blistered from downtown in a 79-61 win over Shenandoah as she hit 10 three-pointers for the second time this season, tying the ODAC single-season record. She finished with 32 points on 11-of-15 overall with six boards, three assists, and two blocked shots. She helped VWC to a 70-60 win over N.C. Wesleyan with three points and two boards, and then chipped in seven points, eight rebounds, two steals, and two blocks in a 69-49 loss to Guilford.
- Washington and Lee forward Taylor Casey helped W&L push its winning streak to five games by averaging 18.0 points in the Generals 2-0 week. She had 13 points, four rebounds, three assists, and two steals in a 65-62 win over Randolph. She then scored a game- and career-high 23 points with four made three-pointers in a 93-75 win at Roanoke. She added four assists and two steals.