Gerni, a sophomore from Moyock, N.C., etched her name in the ODAC record books for the third time this season in helping Virginia Wesleyan to a pair of conference wins last week. She opened with eight points and two rebounds in the Marlins 91-82 triumph at Randolph-Macon. It was in an 87-49 win over Hollins that Gerni exploded for double figures from beyond the arc for the third time this season. Following a ceremony in which former Marlin Nancy Kelly's jersey was retired, Gerni registered the most points in a game this season with 38 markers on 12-of-22 shooting. She nailed 11-of-20 from downtown, giving her the ODAC record for three-pointers made in a game after twice tying the previous standard of 10 earlier this season. She chipped in seven rebounds to the winning effort. For the season, Gerni leads the ODAC with 41 made three-pointers in 100 tries, good enough for 41.0-percent from beyond the arc, which ranks fourth. She is averaging 11.3 points per game.
Week Nine Women's Basketball Notes
- Bridgewater guard Briana Moore went for 17 points and three rebounds in a 56-48 win at Shenandoah. She followed that with a career-best 27 points and 10 rebounds with four made three-pointers in a 73-68 victory at Roanoke. She added five steals on the week.
- Senior center Jonae Guest had two double-doubles in EMU's 1-1 week. She posted 10 points and 10 rebounds in a 71-54 win over Washington and Lee. She followed that with 22 points on 10-of-13 from the field with 11 rebounds in a 74-67 setback at Emory & Henry.
- Point guard Megan Jacoby continues to climb up the ODAC's assists record ladder as she helped propel Emory & Henry to a 2-0 week. She hadnine assists along with six points and three steals in a 66-38 win at Hollins. She followed that with 21 points that included a 4-for-6 showing from deep. She added six rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Guilford forward had a tough shooting night in a 62-45 win over Roanoke, scoring just six points but pulling down 16 rebounds to go with six steals and three assists. She followed that with 18 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, and four steals in a 72-59 victory over Randolph-Macon.
- Forward Molly Shephard helped Lynchburg to a 2-0 week by averaging 15.5 points while shooting 60.0-percent and pulling down 6.5 rebounds. She had 14 points and five rebounds in an 89-79 win over Randolph. She followed with 17 points and eight boards with three steals in a 70-46 victory at Washington and Lee.
- Randolph guard Daijah Johnson posted a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds to go with three assists and three steals in an 89-79 setback at Lynchburg. She came back with 10 points, nine rebounds, and four steals to help Randolph to a 62-39 win over Shenandoah. The double-double against LC was her third of the season.
- Amber Lee posted 19.5 points while shooting 53.6-percent and grabbing 9.5 boards per game in Randolph-Macon's two ODAC setbacks. She had 22 points an 10 boards with four assists and two blocked shots in a 91-82 loss to Virginia Wesleyan. She followed with 17 points, nine rebounds, and four blocked shots in a 72-59 loss at Guilford.
- Forward Cary Beahm led Roanoke with 23 points and 10 rebounds in a 73-68 loss to Bridgewater. She had eight points and nine rebounds in a 62-45 setback at Guilford.