Lam, a senior from Elkton, Va., put together a strong week in the Eagles 1-1 showing, averaging 27.5 points and 7.5 rebounds while shooting 45-percent from the field. In an 84-74 triumph over crosstown rival Eastern Mennonite, Lam exploded for 31 points and eight rebounds. She was 7-of-17 from the field and canned 15-of-16 shots from the foul line. She also hit a pair of three-pointers. She hit two more from long distance on the way to 24 points in an 84-75 setback against Washington and Lee. She was 7-of-14 from the field and 8-of-12 from the stripe, chipping in seven boards, two steals, and two assists as well. For the season, Lam leads in the ODAC in points scored (355), scoring average (20.9), field goals made (117), and free throws made (106).
Week Nine Women's Basketball Notes
- Senior center Jonae Guest added another double-double to her season totals in the Royals 1-1 week. She went for 25 points and six rebounds with two blocked shots in an 84-74 loss to BC. She was 10-of-17 from the field in that that game. She notched a double-double with 10 points and 11 boards in a 44-34 win over Hollins.
- Forward Taylor Blevins averaged 19.0 points and 9.0 rebounds in the Wasps' 1-1 week. She was 9-of-12 from the field on the way to 20 points with 10 rebounds and four steals in a 67-65 late setback to Lynchburg. She followed with 18 points and eight boards with four more steals and two blocked shots in a 65-52 win at Randolph.
- Guilford forward Anais Weatherly helped GC going 2-0 with wins at Hollins (66-45) and Shenandoah (94-61) last week. She had 12 points and five rebounds with two steals at HU, and followed with 17 points, six boards, and seven assists at SU. She was 13-of-22 from the field (59.1%) overall.
- Forward Molly Shephard shook off a two-point two-rebound outing in a 67-65 win at Emory & Henry and responded with a career-high 31 points and eight rebounds in a 68-55 triumph over Randolph-Macon. She was 13-of-21 from the field and hit all four of her foul shots against R-MC.
- Randolph-Macon forward Kelly Williams picked up two more double-doubles in the Yellow Jackets 1-1 week, giving her an ODAC-best 13 on the season. She led off with 14 points and 11 boards with six assists and four steals in a 75-56 win over Shenandoah. She followed that with 23 points and 11 rebounds with three blocked shots and two steals in a 68-55 loss at Lynchburg. Williams was 15-of-23 from the field (65.2%) for the week.
- Jayla Harris improved her play each game last week in Virginia Wesleyan's 2-1 showing. After posting four points and five rebounds in VWC's 70-51 setback to Stevenson, the Marlins' guard dropped in 13 points to go with five boards, four assists and two steals in a 63-47 triumph at Washington and Lee. Harris exploded for a career-best 37 points in the final game of the week, adding four boards in a 77-68 win over Roanoke. She was 11-of-12 from the stripe in that contest and went 15-of-16 from the line for the week.
- Washington and Lee guard Taylor Casey averaged 19.0 points and made 11 three-pointers in the Generals 1-1 week. She opened with nine points on a trio of deep balls in a 63-47 loss to Virginia Wesleyan. She followed that with a career-high 29 points in an 84-75 win over Bridgewater. She nailed a school-record eight three-pointers as part of a 9-of-14 shooting performance from the field. She added in four rebounds to her stat line.