Lam, a senior from Elkton, Va., picks up her second straight and third overall weekly honor of the season after scoring 66 points over two games last week, both conference road wins for the Eagles. In a 76-62 victory at Randolph-Macon, Lam set the Bridgewater scoring record for the second time this season with 41 points on 13-of-20 shooting and 11-of-14 from the field. She drilled four three-pointers on the way to scoring the most points in the ODAC since Eastern Mennonite's Jess Rheinheimer dropped 41 in 2014-15. Lam added eight rebounds and two steals against the Yellow Jackets. She was back at it again in the Eagles 63-58 triumph at Hollins. Lam scored 25 points on 9-of-14 from the field, which included a 3-of-4 showing from deep. She connected on 4-of-6 from the stripe while chipping in three boards and three steals. For the season, Lam leads the ODAC in points scored (421) and scoring average (22.2). She's also #1 in field goals made (139) and free throws made (121) while ranking third in three-point shooting (41.5%).
Women's Basketball Weekly Notes
- Freshman guard Chole Roach helped the Royals to a pair of wins, highlighted by a 19-point 11-rebound double-double in a 66-59 win over Guilford. That came after she scored a career-best 26 points with six rebounds, three assists and two steals in a 74-45 victory at Shenandoah.
- Guilford forward Heaven Walters osted 13 points in a four rebounds with four assists and two steals in the Quakers 74-45 triumph over Emory & Henry. She notched 16 points with nine boards in a 66-59 setback at Eastern Mennonite, marking just the second ODAC loss to GC this season.
- Senior guard Charmaine Hairston helped Lynchburg move to 10-0 against conference foes with two more wins last week. She notched 17 points and a pair of steals in a 76-59 win at Virginia Wesleyan. She followed that with 14 points, five boards, three assists, and two steals in a 73-44 victory over Shenandoah. She shot 54.5-percent (12-of-22) for the week.
- Randolph-Macon forward Kelly Williams extended her double-double streak to 10 games with two more in R-MC's 1-1 week. She registered 19 points with 15 rebounds, five assists and two blocked shots in a 76-62 loss to Bridgewater. She collected her ODAC-leading 15th double-double with 20 points and 13 boards in an 80-42 victory over Randolph. She blocked three shots in that game. She shot 65.0-percent (13-of-20) for the week and made 13-of-14 foul shouts.
- Roanoke forward Cary Beahm posted a pair of doubles in the Maroons' 2-0 week. She now is second in the ODAC with 11 double-doubles. She notched 23 points with 12 rebounds in a 77-49 win over Hollins. She followed that with 21 points and 12 more boards with three assists and two steals in a 74-60 victory at Washington and Lee.
- Washington and Lee guard Emily Perszyk was strong despite the Generals' two losses last week. She opened with 23 points, six rebounds, and six assists in a 66-56 setback at Randolph. She followed that with 22 points, five boards, and four assists in a 74-60 loss to Roanoke. She was 9-of-11 from the stripe overall, continuing an impressive season from the line that has her ranked third in NCAA Division III at 91.9-percent.